Wondering how to celebrate your mom on Mother’s Day this year? Explore different ways to express your love and gratitude to the woman who raised you on her special day.
Give Her a Memorable Gift
Moms are the first to deny the need for any gift, which makes buying for them a challenge! However, you’re likely still on the hunt for something that expresses your gratitude for Mom, anyway. If you’re struggling to find the perfect gift for your mother this year, brainstorm sentimental gifts to give.
Sentimental gifts are better than any tech gadget or gift card because they are highly memorable. Immortalize a favorite memory with your mom into a tangible item to gift her this Mother’s Day.
Gift Her an Experience for Two
Can’t secure the ideal sentimental gift in time? Experiential gifts give you another option that often results in long-lasting memories. A few experiences you can gift to your mother include:
- A getaway weekend: A few days without any responsibilities can provide significant stress relief for any mom. Cover the expenses of a weekend getaway for her to enjoy by herself or with your cherished company.
- A spa day: Your mom dedicated her life to taking care of you, so why not repay her with some pampering? Fill her day with various spa treatments and services.
- A wine sampling course or cooking class: If your mom is a fan of wine, hone your sommelier skills together at a wine-tasting class. If she’s a bigger fan of trying new things in the kitchen, get together for a cooking class. Due to the pandemic, you may have to defer to online courses, though.
Spend Quality Time Together
On a tight budget this year? Fortunately, we delve into how to celebrate your mom on Mother’s Day while on a budget—sometimes, the best gift of all is spending quality time. Though it’s a nice gesture, you don’t have to attend a costly restaurant or gift a faux fur coat to express your appreciation for Mom.
Whether you end up doing it in person or via Zoom this year, quality time is something every mother cherishes. You can always partake in an activity, such as one of the following, to create some everlasting memories.
- Try a new recipe together; this can be for a unique cocktail or never-before-attempted dish!
- Gather your favorite old-school games and host a game night.
- Quality time can be as simple as turning on the TV for a few hours. Binge-watch your mom’s favorite series or dive into a few of her favorite movies.
Don’t Forget To Recognize the Other Moms in Your Life
Share thanks to the grandmothers, aunts, and any other women in your life who have always cared for your wellbeing. If your friends are mothers, let them know that you truly see and appreciate them. If you’re a mother yourself, don’t forget to praise your own accomplishments as a parent and caregiver. After all, every mom deserves to be celebrated on Mother’s Day!