I’m not that great at arts and crafts, but the thought of taking something that could be considered trash and making good use of it is something I could get revved up about. In these photos you’ll get some ideas on how to make your household items last for longer than their shelf life. It’s a process called “upcycling”. Instead of “recycling” it’s taking something you have and making it into something totally different and useful. So check it out before you throw away anything!
1. Old ladder sitting in your basement? Make it an awesome bookshelf.
2. Old chairs into a shelf and closet space.
3. If you’re really meticulous: A soda bottle into a broom!
4. Old bottles turn into the coolest lamp shades.
5. Spoons + hot glue + water jugs = another really cool lamp idea.
6. Bottle caps into tea light holders
7. If you happen to have a piano lying around, it makes a pretty awesome bookshelf.
8. Old school wrenches into wall hooks
9. A sink made from a bike (my personal favorite)
10. Holes in your fence? Patch them up with marbles and give it life!
11. Turn your old computer into a mailbox.
12. This is a TON of plastic hangers turned into a room divider
13. Turn expired credit cards into guitar picks!
14. Another piano? Make the most environmentally friendly instrument you’ve ever seen.
15. Turn old light bulbs into oil lamps
16. Bike spokes make a pretty awesome clock
17. A drum set turned into a chandelier.
18. Old cassette into a change holder.
19. Fancy bathtub you’re finished with? Now it can be the most interesting couch in the world.
20. Old piece of luggage into an armless chair.
21. Wine bottles recycled into a decorative lighting
22. Old T.V.? How about an aquarium.
23. Turn all the extra soda tabs into a purse. (That’s A LOT of tabs).
24. Old tennis racquets into a pair of mirrors!