Life’s luxuries are nice to have if you’re into having awesome cooking gadgets and renowned tech, but the truth is, sometimes it’s outrageous for the budget. Here are some alternatives to the brands that we all know and love yet don’t necessarily want to spend the money on them.
1. Blender: Vitamix vs. NinjaThe Ninja and the Vitamix performed almost exactly the same making smoothies and milkshakes. The Vitamix was a little quieter and easier to clean, but for the price the Ninja is a great alternative. Get one here.
2. Vacuum: Dyson vs. SharkThis video review shows the Shark sucks more than the Dyson (in a good way). And you’ll save $240! Get one here.
3. Dutch Oven: Le Creuset vs. LodgeIn this test, both brands performed exactly the same. The Le Creuset comes in slightly different volumes (3.5, 4.5, 5.5, and 7.5 quarts) than the Lodge (3, 4.6, 6, and 7 quarts), but otherwise the $350 difference doesn’t get you anything different. Check out the Lodge here.
4. Juicer: Breville vs. Hamilton BeachIn this comparison, the Breville was rated a 10.0 and the Hamilton Beach, which is $100 cheaper, got a 9.9. Get one here.
5. Stand Mixer: Kitchen Aid vs. Hamilton Beach
For $100 less, this Hamilton Beach mixer is almost as good as the Kitchen Aid, besides being a little harder to clean. Get one here.
6. Pet Brush: Furminator vs. OsterThe Furminator is one of the most recognized brands for pet grooming, but the Oster Undercoat Rake prevents shedding just as well and costs less than half the price. Get one here.
7. Chef’s Knife: Shun vs. VictorinoxShun is a time-tested favorite, but the Victorinox Chef’s Knife is a great alternative. At $85 cheaper, you can even afford to get an extra paring knife to go with it. Get one here.
8. Espresso Machine: Rancilio Silvia vs. DeLonghiRancilio Silvia is an amazing machine, but is unreasonable for most budgets. Enter the DeLonghi, a pump-driven machine at a steam-driven price. The coffee snob in you will appreciate it just as much. Get one here.
9. Battery iPhone Case: Mophie vs. Lenmar
At almost half the price of the more popular Mophie, the Lenmar case is actually easier to use and performs better. Get one here.
10. Memory Foam Mattress: Tempur-Pedic vs. NovosBedAt nearly $3,000 cheaper, the NovosBed is incredibly similar in material and owner satisfaction to the Tempur-pedic. Get one here.